Saturday, July 28, 2012

THE UNIVERSE


Dr. Swimme’s (pronounced Swim) books are fascinating.  I can’t put them down. I want to know more about my beginnings as a fireball … the formation of stars, galaxies, and planets … the creation of the Earth … my initial place of birth. Yes. Dr. Swimme has convinced me that my mother was a Star, the beginning of my habitat on Earth. I feel so special with this cosmological understanding of my life. The chapter on Evolution in my book: Montessori—Living the Good Life tells the story following the ages when humanity began to be evident; but Dr. Swimme’s accounting of the Universal beginnings is more exciting. Imagine my being an invisible particle of life exploding like fireworks in the darkness of space, causing the emergence of light, a fire initiating our planet Earth, enjoying a self-activity of creation.  WOW … pretty far out, eh?

Dr. Swimme’s point of view is a bit different from the humans’ who stand on earth keeping busy controlling their existence with technology and production to increase the gross national product for more things. How often do we look up into the starry sky and know that is where our life began, or spend time hugging a tree knowing and appreciating its beginning and time it has spent of itself to grow, winter after winter. A young child’s mind can absorb these truths without knowing the science of what Dr. Swimme reveals in his books.

Enjoy a silent walk through the forest with a two, three, or four-year-old, or give them some seeds to plant and a shovel to dig in the dirt. Watch the joy and peace on their face. They are absorbing the truths of the Universe, the origins of their souls. These same experiences of contentment are felt as they learn to stack the pink cubes to make a tower or fill a diversity of holes with wooden cylinders. Their minds are creating a new world. This is the miracle of an absorbent mind as explained in my book: Montessori--Living the Good Life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment