Saturday, May 26, 2012

ELECTIONS


I’ve begun praying about the elections. It’s never too early for me. I have no idea how to choose what is best for our country—liberals or conservatives. The news isn't any help. It’s so noisy. Their arguments don’t help me to know the candidates beyond what promises I hear from them--promises that they most likely can’t keep. What choice do I have? The liberals will try to correct their false idealism and the conservatives will ignore the cry of the poor. Which candidate offers our country a promise of transformation? I don’t recognize any Lincolns in the crowd. I hate to rationalize. Maybe I won’t vote.

What would Maria expect of our young people, now adults, coming of an age to vote? Will their new freedom be exploited by the current morality; or will they have the peace of mind to bring a new sense of democracy to the table? Will they have the courage to work through their visions and know how to collaborate with the remnant of the learned? Will they know how to vote? Will they vote?

No comments:

Post a Comment